1 oz fresh breadcrumbs
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bone-in rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
Black pepper and Sea Salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 450 F . Move oven shelf to the center position.
2. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil to moisten mixture. Set aside.
3. Season the lamb all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy oven safe frying pan over high heat. Sear lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes.
4. Brush lamb with the mustard. Roll in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Cover the ends of the bones with aluminum foil to prevent charring.
5. Arrange lamb bone side down in the frying pan or roasting dish. Roast the lamb in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on the temperature you prefer. With a meat thermometer, take a reading in the center of the meat after 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oven, or let it cook longer, to your taste. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.